[Update] The Big Update (1.2) Changelog
Special thanks go to the Cats are Liquid testing team!
The main new stuff:
- Added speedrun mode (world specific, all worlds, also supports custom packs if the pack allows for it).
- Added world challenges.
- Added text history (available in pause menu).
- Talk prophecies that take away control can now be skipped.
- Added settings to the pause screen.
- Added liquid grates.
- Added option to allow the Companion to activate prophecies.
- Added a button prophecy which can be used to activate buttons.
- Buttons can now be automatically unpressed after a certain amount of time.
- Added item clip checks for certain items to prevent them from being placed inside room geometry.
- Added background floating stuff to title screen and a randomized theme (very important).
- Added new editor keyboard shortcuts.
- Added Discord rich presence.
- Improved performance.
- Improved memory usage.
- Adjusted World 1, World 11, and World 12 themes.
- Adjusted fire dispenser fire spawn offset.
- Adjusted jump pad collider size and position.
- Ability ring now teleports the cat to the center if they're too far away by the end of the animation.
- Throwable items now get destroyed when going below the void line.
- Sped up cannon exit particles.
- Sped up button animations.
- Cannon build-up SFX pitch now matches the launch force.
- Adjusted NPC liquid sound falloff.
- Shortened hookshot SFX.
- Trimmed UI click sounds.
- Doubled throwable item receiver sound range.
- Optimized environment shape lines, world themes, lava shape, camera control code, environment shape decoration sprite rotations.
- Optimized certain interactions related to throwable items.
- Optimized performance of collision on certain items.
- Optimized fire and fire dispensers.
- Grammatical fixes and improvements.
- Added check to prevent unnecessary save file writes.
- Widened the playtesters section of the credits.
- Updated Discord logo.
- Creating a new pack now automatically gives the first world a default name (World 1).
- Expanded default new room.
- Lock-to-grid is now on by default in the editor.
- Having void line in a room is now mandatory.
- Moved pack sharing inside the editor and added the requirement to playtest the pack before sharing it.
- Certain sliders in the editor now show "infinite" as an option when applicable.
- Adjusted data editor button spacing.
- Updated textures for the prophet, NPC action, hint, and tutorial shapes.
- Editing a button that's connected to an item will now automatically switch to the connected item's page.
- Better button and hit item connection process.
- Buttons now draw a line to the item they're connected to.
- The editor now prioritizes items above shapes, and the spawnpoint above all else.
- Pack end doors now act like they end a pack in the editor.
- Toggleable platforms can now activate on collision.
- Increased cannon default force value. This will not affect older packs.
- Increased jump pad default force value. This will not affect older packs.
- Adjusted editor close button position.
- Adjusted void line handle position.
- Added singular spikes back into the editor.
- Added optional spawn delay for projectile dispensers.
- Added maximum world and room limits (both set to 25).
- Room editor now spawns in a spawnpoint if it's not present in a room for whatever reason.
- Items now spawn on grid when lock-on-grid is enabled.
- Added extra error checks for importing corrupted packs.
- Added community pack info UI.
- Adjusted community pack UI.
- Most recent packs now show up first in the pack list.
- Fixed bug where item orbits wouldn't draw lines to the connected items.
- Fixed being able to jump and climb while activating the cat light ability.
- Fixed cat light ability not ignoring safe shapes.
- Fixed spores not changing color as they should.
- Fixed ability rings not switching the player to the default character when activated.
- Fixed beams not updating their end position when activated by a button.
- Fixed ice blocks activating doors even if the player wasn't in them.
- Fixed exiting to the title screen while the ability ring animation was playing causing the music to get muted.
- Fixed text prophecies stopping when an NPC died.
- Fixed non-matching mouth color when switching between characters.
- Fixed hookshot item line return indicator position not being reset properly.
- Fixed toggleble platforms sometimes not setting themselves into the proper state when switching characters.
- Fixed timed expression prophecies resetting when taking damage.
- Fixed the cat expression not returning to neutral after death.
- Fixed the cat sometimes having the wrong expression when starting a room.
- Fixed tutorials that were set to follow the player jittering when the player moved around.
- Fixed cat health expression not updating when switching rooms.
- Fixed lightning not doing proper distance checks in certain situations.
- Fixed the cat's face not acting properly after dying in a cannon.
- Fixed the cat not dying when being inside a hidden platform while it unhides itself.
- Fixed pipe exit not checking if the exit position was inside a wall.
- Fixed rare UI duplication bug.
- And many other bug fixes.
- Fixed certain reserved characters being allowed when creating a new room or world.
- Fixed world packs sometimes getting saved with empty GUIDs.
- Fixed rare bug where creating a corrupt item would cause editor to soft lock and not load the room properly.
- Fixed item lines forgetting what state they were supposed to be in.
- Fixed being able to move hookshot item line items in the editor.
- Fixed hookshot item line not spawning an item when first created.
- Fixed undeletable items being deletable if deleted along with other deletable items.
- Fixed being able to activate multiple ability rings at once.
- Fixed hookshotting into an ability ring allowing control during the animation.
- Adjusted which items can be put inside throwable items.
- Fixed camera not resetting rotation on editor mode switch.
- Fixed item duplication not being undoable in certain situations.
- Fixed item data editor staying open on editor mode switch.
- Fixed lights acting strangely in the editor.
- Fixed attaching a hookshot wall to an item line causing the wall to temporarily disappear.
- Fixed room editor not focusing on spawnpoint on room load.
- Fixed room info showing up in front of the item palette in the editor.
- Fixed renaming a room without saving afterwards causing a corrupted room.
- Fixed bug where editor creator name could be copied from a played pack.
- Fixed being able to connect certain items to lines and orbits that shouldn't have been able to be connected.
- Fixed hidden platform component not setting hidden state on duplication.
- Fixed very thin shapes becoming practically invisible.
- Fixed items on moving item lines not following curved paths properly.
- Fixed items with spinner components on them having their rotations effectively reset when a button connected to them was hit.
- Fixed bug related to empty talk prophecy text.
- Fixed theme prophecy causing an issue with auto pipes.
- Fixed interactable buttons not updating item rotation.
- Fixed being able to spawn the Companion inside room geometry.
- Fixed cat ears and tail being left behind if the cat died in ice block form.
- Fixed ice blocks not doing proper horizontal space checks when spawning.
- Fixed getting stuck inside a wall if heading towards it as an ice block and changing direction just before the block was destroyed.
- Fixed the ice block being a bit too spammable.
- Fixed the cat sometimes getting stuck when transforming into solid form inside a grate.
- Fixed player being both inside and outside of a cannon if turning into liquid during a specific point in the cannon enter animation.
- Fixed being able to spam the cloud ability for unintended horizontal movement.
- Fixed dash cooldown visualizer not getting destroyed in certain cases.
- Fixed bug where the hookshot ability could sometimes be activated while the cat was dying.
- Fixed player being stoppable in an autopipe while the active prophecy prohibit control.
- Fixed community pack exit soft lock.
- Fixed buttons connected to pipes causing a soft lock.
- Fixed community pack room buttons not being positioned properly if there were more than ten in a single world.
- Fixed game not removing file remnants if a pack import failed.
- Fixed certain corrupted packs not being detected as corrupted.
- Added fixes for attempting to load corrupted packs.
CaL-ABP-Windows.zip 120 MB
Oct 19, 2021
CaL-ABP-macOS.zip 119 MB
Oct 19, 2021
CaL-ABP-Linux.zip 119 MB
Oct 19, 2021
Get Cats are Liquid - A Better Place
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.